If you are considering the transition to renewable energy for your home and would like to save money on energy bills and contribute to a greener and more sustainable future, we applaud your initiative. In this blog post, we go over the step-by-step process of installing solar panels on your residential property. From initial assessment to final connection, Solarise Solar will provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision about going solar.
From determining the ideal placement of solar panels to optimizing their efficiency in terms of wattage output, we are committed to delivering top-notch installations that meet your specific energy needs.
Step-by-Step Guide to the Hassle-Free Residential Solar Installation
Our solar power installation experts will guide you through the solar installation on your property. Here are the steps of solar installation from the initial assessment of your property to the final inspection and connection.
Solarise experts will guide you through the solar installation process on your property and switch your electricity source fully or partially to your solar energy system for you. Then, you seamlessly leave the fossil fuel burning behind and start enjoying living in a solar home! This is the easy process you can expect:
Step 1: Solar Install Consultation
The process of solar panel installation starts with expert consultation. Your Solarise solar energy systems engineer will answer all your initial questions, such as:
- How much will my solar panels cost?
- How long will my solar payback period be (to start making an ROI)?
- Is my roof good for solar panels?
- When will I gain 100% ROI on investment in solar panels?
- How efficient are solar panels?
- What are my best options for a partial or full switch to solar energy?
- What are the best solar panel types (solar cell) options for my needs?
We will perform an Energy Cost Analysis for your home to determine how many solar panels you will need for a partial percentage or a full 100% switch to solar energy. We'll also review the solar warranty and low-interest financing options with you.
Step 2: Solar Energy System Design
Based on the outcome of your Energy Cost Analysis and other factors, we can factor in the historical record of your energy usage in your home to help project future use. We factor in solar exposure, available space for panels, and the budget you have set for the project, among other considerations. Solarise experts use this combined information to create the ideal solar panel system design for your home.
Step 3: Obtaining Permits
Solarise professionals will file all necessary permit applications and other required paperwork with your local utility company, city and/or county government (as applicable), your HOA, and other authorities. We will obtain all the required permits to install solar panels on your property.
Step 4: Installation of Solar Panels
Installing solar panels is supervised by a long-experienced master electrician working in cooperation with a Solarise solar energy systems design engineer. Together with our team of solar panel systems installation specialists, these experts complete the majority of average-sized installs in just a few hours.
Step 5: System Inspection and Activation
After the installation is complete, a local inspector will examine the installation work and make sure it meets their requirements. As soon as we receive approval of the work and permission to launch your system, you can turn on the switch. Then, you can begin to enjoy the truly amazing experience of producing your own electricity to supply your home.
Why not stop renting your means of electricity production? Own your solar power equipment and live free from the risk of rising electricity costs.
Solar Installation in Colorado Springs and the Surrounding Area
If you're interested in installing solar panels in Colorado, you've most likely read the reasons why switching to residential solar has become so popular nationwide over the past decade. Here's a recap of the major solar benefits:
- Save money on electricity bills: The cost of paying for your own solar energy system and your reduced utility bill is usually less than you pay now for your utility bill alone.
- Gain a significant return on your investment: Solar panels deliver free electricity every month after your system is paid for in full, which now only takes about 8.5 to 11 years.
- Stop renting power generation equipment: You’ll be free from the grid when you own your own electricity production system.
- Raise your property value: The Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory research finds that the average U.S. home value increases by $15,000 with solar panels.
- Become energy independent: Utility rates continue to rise due to utility company price increases, inflation, and production shortages. Using solar prevents rising costs.
- Get the 26% IRS ITC in its final year 2022: The federal investment tax credit for solar panel systems is set to drop after this year to a permanently lower amount.
- Be a part of the solution: Stop your dependence on fossil fuel burning to power your home. It’s one of the biggest reductions you can make on your family’s carbon footprint.
Export Power Back to the Grid & Reduce Future Power Bills with Net Power Metering in Colorado
Net Power Metering, also known as NPM, is an excellent opportunity for homeowners in Colorado who have installed solar panels on their property. It allows you to export any excess electricity produced by your solar system back to the grid, ensuring that it doesn't go to waste. In return, you receive credits on your future power bills. This means that during periods of high electricity production, such as sunny days, you can offset the cost of electricity you consume during times when your solar system is not generating as much power, such as at night or during cloudy weather.
Net Power Metering provides an added financial benefit and further incentivizes homeowners to invest in solar energy, as it allows them to maximize their savings and reduce their reliance on the grid.
See Solarise News for a wealth of information about solar energy systems.
Solarise Solar is Colorado's Best Value in Clean Energy
Solarise installation crews provide the highest level of workmanship. Our 30-Year Solar Warranty offers homeowners peace of mind throughout the life of the panels and equipment. System monitoring through your convenient mobile and desktop apps makes it easy to track the productivity of your panels.