In exploring the idea of switching to renewable energy for your home, you’ve now come so far as researching this page for information about the installation process. So, you’ve probably learned a lot already. (See our blog for an abundance of articles on solar technologies, solar payback timelines, and much more.)
Here’s some information to add to your growing knowledge about the residential solar panel installation process.
Solarise Solar Panels Installation Process
Solarise experts will guide you through the solar installation process on your property and switch your electricity source fully or partially to your solar energy system for you. Then, you seamlessly leave the fossil fuel burning behind and start enjoying living in a solar home! This is the easy process you can expect:
Step 1: Solar Install Consultation
The process of solar panel installation starts with expert consultation. Your Solarise solar energy systems engineer will answer all your initial questions, such as:
- How much will my solar panels cost?
- How long will my solar payback period be (to start making an ROI)?
- Is my roof good for solar panels?
- When will I gain 100% ROI on investment in solar panels?
- How efficient are solar panels?
- What are my best options for a partial or full switch to solar energy?
- What are the best solar panel types (solar cell) options for my needs?
We will perform an Energy Cost Analysis for your home to determine how many solar panels you will need for a partial percentage or a full 100% switch to solar energy. We’ll also review the solar warranty and low-interest financing options with you.
Step 2: Solar Energy System Design
Based on the outcome of your Energy Cost Analysis and other factors, we can factor in the historical record of your energy usage in your home to help project future use. We factor in solar exposure, available space for panels, and the budget you have set for the project, among other considerations. Solarise experts use this combined information to create the ideal solar panel system design for your home.
Step 3: Obtaining Permits (We handle these.)
Solarise professionals will file all necessary permit applications and other required paperwork with your local utility company, city and/or county government (as applicable), your HOA, and other authorities. We will obtain all the required permits to install solar panels on your property.
Step 4: Installation of Solar Panels
Solar panel installation is supervised by a long-experienced master electrician working in cooperation with a Solarise solar energy systems design engineer. Together with our team of solar panel systems installation specialists, these experts complete the majority of average-sized installs in just a few hours.
Step 5: System Inspection and Activation
After the installation is complete, a local inspector will examine the installation work and make sure it meets their requirements. As soon as we receive approval of the work and permission to launch your system, you can turn on the switch. Then, you can begin to enjoy the truly amazing experience of producing your own electricity to supply your home.
Why not stop renting your means of electricity production? Own your solar power equipment and live free from the risk of rising electricity costs.
Why Go Solar in Colorado?
As you’ve been looking into going solar, you’ve probably seen the lists of reasons why switching to residential solar has become so popular nationwide over the past decade. Here’s a recap of the major solar benefits:
- Save money on electricity bills: The cost of paying for your own solar energy system and your reduced utility bill is usually less than you pay now for your utility bill alone.
- Gain a significant return on your investment: Solar panels deliver free electricity every month after your system is paid for in full, which now only takes about 8.5 to 11 years.
- Stop renting power generation equipment: You’ll be free from the grid when you own your own electricity production system.
- Raise your property value: The Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory research finds that the average U.S. home value increases by $15,000 with solar panels.
- Become energy independent: Utility rates continue to rise due to utility company price increases, inflation, and production shortages. Using solar prevents rising costs.
- Get the 26% IRS ITC in its final year 2022: The federal investment tax credit for solar panel systems is set to drop after this year to a permanently lower amount.
- Be a part of the solution: Stop your dependence on fossil fuel burning to power your home. It’s one of the biggest reductions you can make on your family’s carbon footprint.
See Solarise News for a wealth of information about solar energy systems.
Solarise Solar for Colorado’s Best Value in Solar Energy
Solarise installation crews provide the highest level of workmanship. Our 30-Year Solar Warranty offers homeowners peace of mind throughout the life of the panels and equipment. System monitoring through your convenient mobile and desktop apps makes it easy to track the productivity of your panels.